As one of Joint Base Andrews Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) clinics, the Family Health Clinic (Medical Operations clinic) is comprised of one clinical team who cares for our retirees, their families, and the family members of our Active Duty population.
The clinic team has four board certified provider PCMH teams assigned with a mix of:
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Medical technicians both active duty and civilian
We aim to improve our patient’s health by providing safe, timely, and evidence-based healthcare. Our primary care services focus on prevention and screening, as well as, treating illness.
We also support the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
programs and have rotating USUHS students obtain their clinical hours in our clinic with our credential providers.
Family Health provides Primary Care services for 18 years and older (non-active duty beneficiaries). Our providers:
- Direct assessment
- Management and coordination of acute and preventative medical care
- Promotes telehealth services
- Initiates specialty referrals/emergency transfer
- Performs minor surgical procedures
- Provides initial diagnosis
- Medication administration/refill
Family Health provides Women’s health care, including routine preventative medicine such as:
- Well Woman Exams
- Cervical Cancer Screening
Additional services offered by Family Health include:
- Behavioral Health Consultant
- Patient Education
- Disease Management
- Case Management (for special populations at highest risk of adverse outcomes and utilization)
Walk-in hours are 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. You can be see for the following issues during walk-in hours:
- Adult Upper Respiratory Infection (available via COVID-19 testing tent)
- Adult Sore Throat (available via COVID-19 testing tent)
- Adult Upper Respiratory Infection symptoms cannot be present for more than 10 days
- Blood Pressure
- Provider Prescribed Injections (Depo-Provera, B-12, Testosterone)
- Suture Removal
- Wart Removal Re-treat/ Repeat Visit
- Women Dysuria**
- Pregnancy Test**
- STI Check**
**Can be completed over the phone
There may be a wait for walk-in appointments as they are a first come, first serve appointment that will be seen between the already scheduled appointments.
All non-acute conditions will be given the next soonest available appointment with their PCM.